Saturday, September 8, 2012

Well, there goes the neighborhood ...



My mom posted these photos on her facebook this morning, this is literally my family's front yard. Trucks came in this weekend and have begun demolishing the little forest I grew up in.

Thank you very much to the Electric Company.  

This is just a few feet away from the house I grew up in.

What a change from 30+ years ago,
 what a change from a few days ago! 


The power company is apparently deforesting the whole mountain I spent my childhood on,
Known Locally as 'Clothier Hollow'.
To power new industry and provide for a more densely populated region.



 This photo here is where I used to harvest my St. John's Wort. 
No more Saint John's field for me! 
O well, who are we to stand in the way of 'progress'?


No comments:

Post a Comment