Saturday, July 21, 2012

Work & Play !

I might be nearly always working this time of year but at least my work can be really really fun! I like to say that some days I might work 3 jobs before 9 am - filling orders in the studio while I have my coffee, followed by an hour at my secretarial position to check mail and messages, and off to teach preschool at 9 ~ ! 

So for now I am helping out at the summer preschool program ; yesterday we sailed home made boats on the beach. Luckily my 5 year old daughter Phebe can join me - she loved it as did all the kids & and it was a beautiful day on the Hudson River. The beach is located right behind our favorite spot in town the LIBRARY! Phebe also likes to call up the the lifeguard in her chair & tell her 'Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!'


In addition to summer camp Phebe spends a couple days a week at her elementary school having special education services so I spend that time  roaming her beautiful school campus searching  for plants & admiring the various botanicals. There are wooded paths everywhere on the school property, with tall tall old evergreen trees and lots of baby ones too.


 I <3 mossy areas, this looked like a fairy circle of wee little pines to me


1 of the few healthy St John's Wort plants I saw last week, we are experiencing some drought conditions here in the Adirondack region. I tried to rescue a few smaller plants with parched roots to put in my garden we will see how it goes.  


this is what blackberry briars look like in a drought - we need rain badly! 



And today was yet another busy day , spent the morning doing craft show prep & spent the day with daddy at Lake Luzerne, at the Riverside Festival. Mr ADKaromatherapy was very busy vending soaps & stuffs while we visited with a nice clown and had a long swim on lovely Lake Luzerne. It was nice to do an event close to home & be able to spend a craft show with the Mr. as he has been traveling farther and farther away for work and doing overnight shows too.



Here is the HIS' side of the tent with soaps shining like crystal gems in the sunlight



& here is the 'HERS' side of the tent, I am accumulating more & more vintage jewelry boxes for my potions  & lotions ~!



tomorrow is Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom in Lake George, still an action packed day ~ but for once an event 100% not work related!



No comments:

Post a Comment