Friday, April 27, 2012

A Declaration for Autism Awareness Month

smell the love  by ADKaromatherapy
smell the love , a photo by ADKaromatherapy on Flickr.
Liam sniffs some of our Polyjuice soap. 

The following is 'A Declaration' written by Susan Cosgrove.
She's a family friend and fellow autism mom who will ofttimes take promotional photos of our soaps for us. 

This declaration was penned  the day of her son Liam's autism diagnosis, March 2006.

'I still stand by it and work hard every day to make it come true.' ~ Suzy

autism is a word
it is 6 little letters
i refuse to let it change my expectations
it will not change my view of the world
or the world’s view of my family
it will not dictate how far we can travel
or how successful he’ll be


autism is a word
it is 6 little letters
i refuse to be intimidated
i will not get frustrated
and i will not give up
i won’t change my course
we’ll just fight that much harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment