Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Distilling the World

When my stepdad bought himself a John Deere, then a 'Gator,' and started tidying up every corner of our >1 acre family property, we always joked that he was out to landscape the world. Just in case you don't know what I am talking about when I say 'Gator' here is a photo of my grandpa & my stepdad enjoying the Gator on Father's Day.

 

Well I have finally fulfilled my dream of owning my own still and I am out to distill the world.  I did not sleep well last night as I was busy fantasizing about all the botanical matter I am going to cram into this lovely vessel. Looks like it will be an early spring in the Adirondacks but *still* (PUN INTENDED),  I must find a way to patiently await the arrival of fresh greenery in the mountains. Oh & I have to wait for the still to arrive from California, too ;)



Source: etsy.com via Gretchen on Pinterest

Expect many a distillation blog in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment